How To Improve Eyesight Without Surgery
Most people believe that once they are diagnosed with some vision problem and start wearing eye glasses or contact lenses to correct them, they will have to do so for life in order to see better. Those who want a permanent solution to improve eyesight typically resort to Lasik or other corrective eye surgeries. But what if we told you that you can improve your vision without surgery and can see perfectly well without using eyeglasses or contact lenses? No, we are not kidding you. Do read on to know how to improve eyesight without surgery.
Need For Eyesight Improve Naturally
Yes, LASIK eye surgery can be used to improve vision, but that too comes with its own downsides.
During laser eye surgery, small bits of corneal tissue are removed with the help of the laser, thus reshaping your cornea and improve vision.This is a very intricate procedure and requires expert precision. Thus, if the surgery is not performed by an expert surgeon (and many time seven if it is), the reshaping of the cornea may not be done correctly and the results may be less than optimum.
This may require you to undergo LASIK again after few years or even few months. Lasik also has quite a few side effects such as dry eyes,induced astigmatism, haze, and also the occurrence of halos or start bursts at night, which can be quite bothersome. Thus, natural vision correction methods, which are a far healthier option, should be considered.
About Natural Vision Improvement
Natural vision improvement is not a concept that is familiar to many. In fact,chances are you may never have heard of improving your eyesight naturally before today. But, it is indeed possible to improve eyesight naturally.
The main premise behind all natural methods of improving eyesight is that you can see only as well as you use your eyes. Thus, if you do not use your eyes properly, you will not be able to see properly and vice versa. Dr. William Bates first discovered this concept in the early part of the 20th century. He went on to devise some simple eye relaxation techniques that could be used to improve eyesight naturally. These techniques are known as the Bates Method for eyesight improve naturally.
The Bates Method For Natural Eyesight Improvement
Dr.Bates discovered that most eye problems were not due to any physical eye damage but mainly due to increased strain on the eye muscles. Seeing by fixing your eyes in one place instead of letting your eyes move from side to side, squinting to see, or straining your eyes for a clearer look are all poor vision habits that add immense strain to your eyes and consequently result in deterioration of your eyesight.
By relaxing the strain on your eyes, it is possible to restore perfect vision. The techniques that make up the Bates Method teach you just that ¨C how to relax your eyes. Thus, by practicing one or more of these techniques regularly, you can improve eyesight naturally to a considerable degree.
Here ¡s a look at the eye relaxation techniques that are included in the Bates Method and which help to enhance your vision:
- Palming:Cup your eyes with your palms so as to block out the light. Do not press on your eyes. Keep your eyes covered for about 10 minutes and try to imagine complete darkness and relax your eyes.
- Swinging:This involves swaying your body gently from side to side while standing up and focusing on a distant object. You have to let your eyes blink throughout the process. This helps to reduce the rigidity of your eyes and relaxes them too. About a 100 swings a day are adequate.
- Sunning:Raise your head to the sun with your eyes shut. Move your head in either direction so as to ¡®sun¡¯ your eyes completely. Breathe deeply and slowly. After sunning your eyes, relax them further by palming for a couple of minutes. Sunning should only be done in the morning or evening and not in the afternoon when the sun is at its harshest. This technique will help to reduce your sensitivity to light and also enhance the sharpness of your eyes.
By practicing the above techniques as laid out in the Bates Method, you can improve eyesight naturally.
Other options that will help you in eyesight improve naturally are:
- Vision improvement therapy with eye exercises.
- Using eye exercise devices such as EyeRelax that help to improve your vision and treat eye problems such as myopia, presbyopia, amblyopia etc.
Thus, eye surgery is not the only solution to your vision problems. Natural methods of improving vision can be used to not only improve eyesight but also to keep your eyes from developing vision defects.